Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting In Shape



It's that time of year when everyone is obsessed with losing weight for the New Year. Well I refuse to start working out quite yet. I have been running after my son as usual, trying to figure out what my next step is, and helping hubby and family. The list goes on a mile. Anyway, I decided to wait until next week when everyone else falls off the wagon and I can have the parks and walking trails when they are not as packed. Trust me it can be nice to work out in a group but as a mom who seems to always have my phone ringing with advice needed from somewhere or errands needing to be done, I enjoy the quiet of putting on my IPOD, strapping the baby into the jogging stroller, lacing up my sneakers and being at peace.

I am also going back to my Jillian Michaels regimen. I love her. She really gives you a workout and trust you don’t get bored. I realize that many people (and I previously) have been stuck on getting on a diet. I am interested in making lifestyle changes. I have concluded I am a southern girl who loves to cook and loves to eat. I am destined to be overweight IF I do not stay on top of things. My plans for my future don’t include me counting calories forever. So I say to you enjoy life, if you can fit in 20-30 minutes of exercise in a day you’re on the right track. I know it’s hard to get outdoors, if you have a chance check out Craigslist and get a used treadmill, exercise bike or elliptical machine. Also, try Wal-Mart they have some machines for about $100. Put it in a place you can’t miss like near the living room. When you are tuning in to watch Grey’s Anatomy, House or whatever show you just can’t live without, hop on for a 20 minutes and enjoy. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment