Thursday, February 11, 2010

To diet or not to diet....


As soon as people think of losing weight they think, I have to get on a Diet. They try the latest fad, get bored and after a few weeks they're back to their old routines. I think the best way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle. I’m imploring this new method. I don't want to spend my entire life calorie counting. Sheesh! (how much fun is that really?) Anyway I was reading an article on MSN not too long ago (the name escapes me) about the affects of dieting on our children. It stated that constant obsession with weight and the lack of satisfaction with body image can in turn set a bad example of self-image for our daughters. I agree, I think if we as women are always complaining about how we look and are always talking about dieting. It’s not good for our children or for us. I have decided that I should just incorporate exercise into my daily life, like 3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes. I cook well in my opinion I use olive oil, I do not fry foods, and I rather bake. I make more changes like substituting ground turkey for red meat, also adding more fish to my diet and drinking more water. I find that if you keep a big bottle of water near you all day, you will constantly drink water, thus making the goal of 8-10 glasses of water more attainable. See simple changes are what truly count and will guarantee better health. So what have we learned? We need to look at our bodies in a positive light, so how do we do this. Everyday look in the mirror and find at least one thing you like about your body. Also, make lifestyle changes instead of dieting. Good Luck and be healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment