Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Routine a must


Its funny prior to children a routine seems optional. After having them, it is so MANDATORY. LOL. My grandma went into the hospital and has unfortunately passed. We had her funeral Saturday. I didn't get to attend but 20 minutes of it because I was getting things ready at the house for guests. Anyway, due to the fact my grandma was in the hospital for about 6 days prior to passing. Followed by having guests in our home for 4 days my life became a chaotic resemblance of what I have been accustomed. While it was great to see family, having them there threw my son off schedule that he began to act out.
These pass 10 days made me realize how important our routine really is. After everyone left, my son became moody, unresponsive to certain commands and more of a handful. As this week goes by and mom is able to spend time with him, wake up with him during his normal waking up time, feed him during his normal times, reinforce all of my rules for discipline, normal naptimes and bed times he's calming down and returning to my sweet little boy. Granted he's still a bubbly bouncing toddler but now he’s one who actually listens.
I think routines make children comfortable because they know what to expect. There aren’t constant surprises. Routines aid in development. I found that when my son's routine is rock solid he learns better. I have time to teach him new things; he's relaxed and more responsive. When teaching children, in my opinion, it’s a better experience when the child is in a positive mood they are more receptive. So I ask, how important is a routine in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment