Monday, July 12, 2010

Daycare Choices


Choosing the right daycare for your child can be such a daunting task for parents. So many questions run through your mind:

How will my child react?


What’s the staff really like?


What curriculum will they be teaching?


What’s the teacher-to-student ratio?


Private or Public?


What's the cost of tuition?



If you’re like me choosing, a daycare is/was a tough task. I am online researching facility after facility, making sure to tour them and see how the teachers are reacting. I prefer to do unscheduled tours where I just stop by and ask questions or information so I can see what the staff is really like. I have seen price ranges from $168 per week to $210 a week. Then there’s the private school with their various tuition rates. What’s a parent to do? I have narrowed it down to about five different places. Each has their positives and negatives. A few are out of the way, while others offer internet access so I can check on my pooka-poo whenever I want. Well as I make my decision, I ask if anyone had a difficult time choosing the right daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment