Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Potty Training


My son is 2years, 1 month old. I have been trying to potty train him. It seemed like he was ready a few months ago and would tell me if he needs to go. Now he’s no longer in the “mood” LO. Over the weekend, I tried the “No Diaper” method where I let him roam bottomless around the house. It worked, sort of. He actually held it most of the day, he wasn’t pottying throughout the house and if he had to go number 2, he’s let me know but that was it. It left him and I frustrated. I have vowed to just let him be. I have heard that at times, you have to let them come into their own and I guess I’ll just have to be patient. He knows what the potty is he’s just not interested. What potty training method has worked? Hasn’t worked for you?

2 comments:

  1. He's only 2 years, 1 month and you're beginning the potty training. Wow! I waited till my son was 2 1/2 and I still thought that was pretty early. I only started b/c his daycare required him to be potty trained to move to the 3's class. At first it was a disaster, but now it's going a bit better. I put him on the potty every 15 minutes and sing a song or read a book until he goes. I suspect I'll be doing this for another month or so before he "gets it."

    Good luck hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I sing a song to him as well he has his good days and bad days...Yea I have heard of alot of daycares that require them to be potty trained by 2 1/2 or 3 so I wanted him to at least get started

    ReplyDelete