Thursday, July 23, 2009

Black In America 2


Been MIA for a second, I've had a lot on my mind as of late. One of the biggest things is revamping my lifestyle. I want to become more active....I'll elaborate further later.
Back to the topic at hand, I have been waiting to see Black In America 2 It was interesting to see all the different programs that are being offered to the Black Community and yet it was evident to see that we are lacking in some aspects but we are slowly but surely making a change.
I have such a high level of respect for the Principal of Capital Prep School he has shown an extreme dedication that I wish more schools would demonstrate. Seeing him inspired me to want to do better in my own academic career. I wish there were more teachers, counselors, mentors and principals like this Principal. So many of our youth especially young men would be headed in a better direction earlier instead of later in life. I went to a HBCU for 2 years and it was great to see all the potential in those classrooms but what was sad was seeing the female to male ratio in these classes.
Overall I loved the presentation it was inspiring, I loved to see my community being uplifted, I loved to see all the successful and up and coming people.

No comments:

Post a Comment