Monday, July 6, 2009

Shea Butter


Well I was doing research on Shea Butter because since I have been using it for over a 1 year and a half and I loving it I just wanted to know more. What I find quite interesting is that there is actually an institute for Shea Butter called American Shea Butter Institute http://sheainstitute.com/.

Now some background history Shea Butter can vary in color from slightly yellowish to an ivory almost white color. The most popular type of Shea Butter is the type derived from West Africa. Shea has many benefits that range from moisturizing skin and hair to treating different skin ailments to also being used as a anti-inflammatory. My family and I use it on a daily basis, My hubby has severe dry skin and the only thing that has seemed to work for him has been Shea butter, my son who 14 months old I use it in his hair. Sometimes I add a little water and use the Shea to seal in the moisture/moisturizer. I used on my stomach while pregnant and I use it in my hair. She butter is quite beneficial and I have noticed more and products adding Shea and opting not to use Cocoa Butter which was once considered quite a staple for a lot of products. I tend to purchase my Shea from the African vendors and there are a few BSS (beauty supply stores) that have Shea.
I'd recommend to anyone to give Shea butter a try, you may not like it in your hair, but you just may like it on your skin.
~Smoochez

No comments:

Post a Comment