Friday, July 3, 2009

Something New

Ok...I'm blogging on my blackberry, guess there's a first time for everything. LOL. Its Friday night the night before the 4th of July and I can't wait to take my son to the zoo tomorrow. Its his first trip, so I'm charging up the rechargable batteries for the digital camera.
Anywho, I'm going off on a tangent. I just watched the movie Something New starring Sanaa Lathan. I love that movie, hadn't seen it in a while and it left me grinning from ear to ear. Its amazing how much we as african americans put so much pressure on one another. I love the fact Sanaa decided to ditch the weave.
Her relationship with "Brian" filled that void she was feeling. Gave her laughter and allowed her to let go of inhibitions. I think that's a great example of how many naturals view their relationships with their hair. At least that's how I feel about my hair (maybe I should giver her a name...Diamond) well my relationship with Diamond is definetly Something New. I love her and I feel free when I'm with her and only her no extras added. We're a force to be reckoned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment