Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Diamond...

Well for those that don't know I call my hair Diamond. She has a mind of her own. LOL. So recently I had taken out my extensions with the mission to reacquaint myself with Diamond. Since I decided to go natural I have pretty much hid her away, she was on what I call Twist Arrest. LOL.

Well the pass few days I have been going to stores looking at different products, going online and have been in heavy research mode.
I tried a coconut/olive hot oil treatment. It was okay. I left it in overnight. I may try this again.


Now the GREAT!!! part:


* I purchase Roux Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner, its suppose to restore the pH level in your hair. Its recommended to be used prior to a chemical process. I decided to use it just because I felt that I kept adding moisturizers to my hair and kept ending up with dry hair so I felt I needed to restore my hairs pH level. When rinsing this out of your hair you can already feel a great difference.


* Then I shampooed with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration my hair was a little on the dry side even though this is suppose to be a moisturizing shampoo but it tends to still be a little drying. I think I may tweak this or just switch it up to Whole Foods 365 or Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose since I can't seem to find the Cream of Nature original formula anywhere.


* Next I went back to my staple line Aussie Moist (love, love, love) 3 Minute Miracle, left it in as instructed then rinsed warm and finished off with a cold water rinse to seal and add a little shine.


* Then back to the staple again Aussie Moist Conditioner, I used about a quarter sized amount of conditioner on soaking wet hair raked it through my hair (I forgot to mention I used my CVS denman to do de-tangle)


* Finally I got a good sized amount of Eco Styler Krystal Styling Gel and raked it through, making sure I reached every inch of my hair. My hair just started defining (clumping), the gel gave my hair the necessary weight to define and my hair wasn't really hard.


My hair came out great I was so excited. Today was the first day I really LOVED Diamond, for the first time in a long time I was really happy that I made the decision to be natural

No comments:

Post a Comment